Women are angels... and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick, if need be. We are flexible like that!


Sunday, April 10, 2011

Timpanogos Symphony Orchestra

Last night I went with my Aunt Nina Rae and my Uncle Soren to the
Timpanogos Symphony Orchestra. 
 Their daughter, Rynell, plays the string bass in the orchestra.
 This was the Timpanogos Symphany Orchestra's first concert. They were awsome!
The guest player was Jeff Shumway.  Jeff is a professor at BYU and is the husband of my friend Diane Shumway.  Diane and I used to work together on the Uinta safety committee before she retired from the forest service in 2007 or early 2008.  I had a chance to visit with her before the concert.  It was good to see her and catch up on what is going on in her life.
Jeff was amazing.  I can't imagine playing without sheet music.  He had it memorized! 
 Rynell has recently started playing her string bass again and she is really enjoying it.  In fact, she is playing in two orchestras right now.  She did an awsome job!


No comments:

Post a Comment