Women are angels... and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick, if need be. We are flexible like that!


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More of the John Day, OR trip

Here are more photos that I forgot I had of my John Day trip. 

Below is a picture of John Day taken from the road going to the airport above town.
There was a China town in John Day in the early 1800's.  This is what is left of China town.
The Chinese came to John Day to get jobs working in the gold mines in the neighboring mountains.
 The Kam Wah Chung building was owned by a Chinese doctor.
 This is a ranch house just outside of town.
 On my way headed back to Utah, I stopped at a view area with this covered wagon information kiosk.
Oregon Trail territory.
 Below is the view from the view area.  It had just snowed that morning.
The stream along the road somewhere between Prairie City and Unity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment