Kent and Julia came to visit over the 4th of July Weekend. We left American Fork around 1130 on Friday July 2nd. Kent and I drove up with our trucks to take stuff to the house. I had the riding lawn mower and snow blower and Kent helped take some stuff from the house.
Every time I drive by this Silo I think to myself "I need to take a picture of this".
So this time I did.
A lot of Idaho farmers grow barley that Budweiser uses to make beer.
These silos covered with a picture of the Budweiser Clydesdale's looks pretty cool from the freeway.
We stopped in Spencer, ID., "The Opal Capital of America".
This is one of the stores where we looked at some Opals.
Apparently there are 5 locations in Spencer where you can purchase Opals.
We looked in 3 of them. This location seemed to have a good selection
(owned by an older couple).
Further up the road we stopped to eat in Dell, MT.
I had been wanting to stop and take pictures of this place when I drove by on previous trips. Julia's Grandparents used to live in Dillon and her family would stop here to eat on the way.
I didn't know that it was a working restaraunt.
The Old one Room School house now called the Calf-A
Pun intended. he he
They kept the inside as the school room.
It even had the original chalk boards.
We all ordered the chicken fried steak. It was a huge piece of meat. They bring you 2 plates. One for mashed potatoes, gravy and cooked carrots and the other plate/platter for the chicken fried steak.
As you can see we had a lot of left overs to take with us.
Treats for Dave! (he wasn't with us).
How convienient to have chalk boards to write the daily specials.
No comments:
Post a Comment