Thanks to Riva and Matt (we bought their Craftsman mower when they left Utah), the lawn is getting a good trim. Good thing we have a riding lawn mower, the majority of the yard is lawn.
When we unloaded the mower from the back of the truck, with the help of my Dad's homemade ramps (those ramps have seen the country), we noticed that there was a flat on the left rear tire. We took it to Les Schuab Sat. morning to get it fixed. Dave and I put the tire back on the mower that afternoon and started it up. I was going to take it for a spin to see how it was working. When I tried to engage it in reverse, nothing... the motor was running fine, but no movement. Forward, reverse, more gas, different gear speed, nothing worked. What the Hell? After going thru all that a second time, I decided that it must have something to do with the tire. It worked just fine before the tire was taken off.
So off with the tire! Checking, checking...what could it be? After some thought and much frustration (emphasis on frustration), I see a 1/4 x 1-1/2 inch metal piece/pin on the floor of the garage. I also notice that there is a notch in the axle, that matches up with the notch in the rim of the tire. Could it be some type of key that engages the transmission to turn the wheel? Hmmm...
The maiden voyage on the new lawn took place July 3rd, 2010
Dave took to it like a natural.
No comments:
Post a Comment