The day before I headed up to Montana, I spent the day with a couple of my friends.
Patricia and Jan wanted to take me to lunch before I left so we decided to make a day of it.
We had lunch at the Homestead.
After lunch, Jan and I went to the top of the little caldera located at the Homestead.
At the top, you can look down inside to see the hot spring.
After we went to the top, we went around to the hot spring entrance on the north side.
I had never seen the hot spring before, so we went inside.
There is a cave like appearance when you first walk in.
They have some very small dressing stalls along the right side of the walkway.
The water is the prettiest blue...
And it is the perfect bathtub temperature, I think they said it was about 90*.
I am standing on a dock that floats in the hot spring.
If you look up you can see the hole that we were looking through when we were above.
After leaving Midway, we went to the Heber Valley girls Camp.
Located East of Heber. aka the Heber Hilton
It was the camp open house that day and my Aunt Nina Rae and Uncle Soren are on a mission for the Mormon Church there.
My Uncle Soren gave us a personal tour of the facilities.
The morning was nice and sunny, but by the time we got up there it was cold, windy and starting to rain.
My friends really liked Uncle Soren. They thought he was the cutest!
We are standing under the zip line at one of the ropes courses.
The camp gets their first group of girls the first week of June.
They are all hoping that the snow will be mostly gone by then. :)
They are all hoping that the snow will be mostly gone by then. :)
Patricia walking very careful.
After having knee surgery a couple weeks ago this was her first week without her knee brace on.
Uncle Soren and Aunt Nina Rae at Aunt Nina Rae's desk in the Admin office.
My friends didn't get to spend much time with Aunt Nina Rae, but they told me that they were sure she must be a really nice person to be married to Uncle Soren.
I have been staying at my Aunt and Uncle's house the past 4 months before I got the Budget Officer job.
I am going to miss them. They are the BEST!
We really enjoyed the tour and seeing the camp.
The facilities are really nice. The main kitchen at each of the camps is really impressive. They have commercial style equipment including a walk in refrigerator and freezer. And I didn't expect to see carpet in the cabins either. Some kind of camping... ;)
Thanks Patricia and Jan. Lunch was delicious and I had a great time with you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment