Women are angels... and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick, if need be. We are flexible like that!


Monday, April 19, 2010

Tamale Weekend!

Jennifer and I have been making tamales together for years.  It is a huge undertaking that we try to do annually.  This year Jennifer estimated that we made about 200 tamales.  That might be the most we have made in one time.  It took us 5.5 hours this year. 
Putting the masa on the husk is one of the key components to making tamales.
Jennifer has it down pretty slick!

The kitchen becomes consumed in the process.
After they get assembled, they have to steam until they are done.
That can be 30-45 minutes.
Then we bag them up to freeze.  They keep really well in the freezer.

Tamale weekend is the best!
Yumm!
The question is...
Are you tamale worthy?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! You truly amaze me with all your talents. I'm envious! I wish I could whip up a BIG batch of tamales! My parents usually make tamales for Christmas but haven't done so in years. I know some folks who use vension and chicken recipes. What meat did you use, pork or beef? Always love checking out your blog! Hope to see you this summer, maybe in Montana??? Take care!! lmk

    ReplyDelete