Women are angels... and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick, if need be. We are flexible like that!


Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dave's Birthday- The big 5-0

I flew into Missoula the evening of Friday, Jan 22nd to surprise Dave for his 50th birthday.  I had the Motel shuttle come and pick me up so that I could just knock on Dave's door to surprise him.
The Missoula Airport is small enough to get in and out easily.  A nice change from SLC airport.
On Saturday we went to the Monte Dolack Gallery.  I like to see his paintings.
This was the first time Dave had been there.  I have been a couple of times when I was up in Missoula for trainings and fire assignments.
We also drove around the area to look at housing possibilities.  This big white tail buck was lounging in one of the neighborhoods.  I guess I didn't think about the fact that they don't have mulies in Montana.
 
The Birthday boy out for his Birthday dinner at an Italian restaruant.  You can tell that he just loved getting his picture taken.  "I don't want to end up on your blog"  Hmm, guess you were right, here you are.

 Dave took me to the Forest Service Regional Office to see where he works.
Because I insisted...

 It is located in an old Federal Building.  The post office is located in the South building.  This is the R.O. on the North.
 Safety Dave's Office.  He has a corner office with window on the east and south sides.
He can even open the windows too.  Which he reminds me quite often since it has been sixty degree temps in Missoula several times already, but cold and yucky down here in Utah.
I also went to the "Good Food Store".  It reminds me of the Boise Coop. 
I must have spent 2 hours looking at the bulk spices and teas before I had to catch my flight back to Utah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment