Women are angels... and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick, if need be. We are flexible like that!


Monday, February 16, 2009

My Sweetie's B-day

I have been meaning to get these photos on my page for a couple weeks. Better late than never...

Dave's birthday was Jan 24th. I went down to Page that weekend to celebrate his birthday. We also took a little road trip to Pipe Springs National Monument that weekend.

The Birthday Boy.
(Dave has given me a tiara the last couple of years for my birthday, so I thought it only appropriate to get him a crown.)



Pipe Springs (SW of Kanab, UT) has some pretty interesting history. The building sits directly on a fault line. It was built like a fort, but never was attacked. The water that flowed was used to keep the south side of the building cool in the summer. An earth quake in the late 90's changed the aquifer and stopped the natural flow that had occured. The park service redirected another spring to keep the flow going.













It reminds me of Cove Fort in Utah. Especially the big wooden door.





The little cat walk to get you from one side of the building to the other.












This is an old glass fly trap. I thought it looked pretty neat in the window sill.

The sky was really cool the day we were there. The light shining on the fence with the dark ominous clouds in the background were really striking.

On our way back to Page, we went the long way and went thru Zion's National Park. It is the centenial this year. 1909-2009.
I got this cool pic as we were leaving the visitors center.

This was taken between Kanab and Page, on the North side of the highway. A rainstorm had just passed thru the area and the colors were so vibrant and rich looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment