For our 4th anniversary, I bought Dave a bee keeping kit.
It had all the parts to make a hive. And included the hive tool, bee suit, gloves, hood and smoker.
I ordered it from Western Bee in Polson, MT on April 20th
and it was delivered on April 25th.
So Saturday and Sunday was hive assembly weekend.
Dave takes the Bees serious
There were a lot of frames to build!
We have 2 sizes. The larger ones are the brood frames and the smaller ones are the honey frames.
Besides the frames there were 5 racks that had to be built too. I didn't get a picture of them in the process.
Dave built the racks and frames on Saturday and then painted them on Sunday.
There is so much that we have learned about these little critters. It has been really interesting.
Had to order the Bees from California right away because they don't ship when it gets too warm.
They get shipped overnight.
Dave ordered them on Monday April 30th to be shipped to us on May 4th.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment