On Saturday Dec. 4th, we took our Christmas tree tag and headed up Lolo Pass.
We turned off Hwy 12 onto the East Fork Creek Road to find our Christmas tree.
It was a gorgeous sunny day in the valley, but up the canyon it was totally cloudy.
We packed up our snow shoes thinking that we were going to be in some pretty deep snow.
Not so deep. The snow was about as deep as we had on the lawn at the house. Maybe 6-8 inches.
Since we had our Sorrel's on, we decided to leave the snow shoes behind and go without them.
Save my first snow shoeing experience for another day....
We had a difficult time finding the right kind of tree. We couldn't get Ponderosa (not that I would want one for Christmas) and the lodgepoles were too skinny. I was looking for a Douglas Fir, but I think we got a Western Hemlock. Probably not the best for ornaments but it does smell good.
We bagged a big one!
It will definetly fit height, but I think the bottom is going to be a little bit wide. Might fill up the whole living room. Where to put the furniture? lol
After we got the tree, we took a few minutes to take a picture for our Christmas Cards.
Not the best weather for pictures, but what are ya gonna do?
We had a good time stomping around in the snow and it was the easiest tree getting that I have ever done!
No comments:
Post a Comment