Jennifer, My friend from Durango, CO came to visit this weekend so that we could make Tamales. We started Tamale weekend in 2000, the year I moved to Utah from Oregon. We both worked in Vale, Oregon for the BLM. The SRV assistant, Vicki, made great tamales and we talked her into showing us how to make them 2 weeks before I moved. We try to make them once a year. The last time we made them was in 2006. About 3 years ago.
Way too long to go without Tamales!
I am not sure how many we made, but I am guessing it was over 125. It took us about 5 hours to make them. They are very tastey. Yum, makes me want to go eat one right now!
Thanks Jen, it was a great Tamale Weekend!!!
So how long will that batch of tamales last you? They sound so yummy!
ReplyDelete