This path goes up Provo Canyon. It used to be a train track, that's why I'm standing on what used to be a train trussel.

This was my first view of the colors.

I didn't realize how many bikers and runners and skate boarders would be on the path. On the way down I witnessed a wipe-out. A skate boarder passed me and a woman going up the path lost control of her bike and the skate boarder did a header. Everyone seemed un injured, except I think the boarder will have a headache for awhile.

This is part of the aqua duct from Deer Creek Reservoir. The rock formation in this area is really interesting. It looks like gray brick stacked. You can see where the aqua duct goes into the mountain here.

Not only bikers were out Saturday.

There was some refreshing water on the way.


Maple in full color.

The clamatis were so fluffy.
I love how the light made them shine.
So I took several pictures of them.



I am not sure what this shrub with the dark berries is. I will have to ask my Fire Ecologist/personal taxonomist, Beth. She's the best. If I don't know what a plant is, I just show her a picture. So Beth, what is this?
Update: Beth has emailed me that this is a "common privit" (Ligustrum vulgare). Thanks Beth!

My turn around point was Bridal Veil Falls. It's all down hill from here!

I think this is my favorite picture of the trip.
The winding path thru the trees. What a great day.
I think I'll go again next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment